Saturday, May 5, 2012

Computer Problems

You may know, if you read my earlier post, that my computer is down and now it is being repaired. I have been waiting for it for what seem like forever but it has only been a few days. So to get over the pain of not having the computer, I have been doing the things that make me happy . Buying books. I recently told you my darling hubby got me a Kindle. I have been finding book for just a few dollars on Amazon and I now have over 200 book. I want to tell you about them. So here are a few I bought recently.



TITLE : Manifest (Mystyx #1)
AUTHOR: Artist Arthur
PUBLISHED: August 1st 2010


DESRIPTION: When fifteen-year-old Krystal Bentley moves to Lincoln, Connecticut, her mom's hometown, she assumes her biggest drama will be adjusting to the burbs after living in New York City.But Lincoln is nothing like Krystal imagined. The weirdness begins when Ricky Watson starts confiding in her. He's cute, funny, a good listener—and everything she'd ever want—except that he was killed nearly a year ago. Krystal's ghost-whispering talents soon lead other "freaks" to her door—Sasha, a rich girl who can literally disappear, and Jake, who moves objects with his mind. All three share a distinctive birthmark in the shape of an M and, fittingly, call themselves the Mystyx. They set out to learn what really happened to Ricky, only to realize that they aren't the only ones with mysterious powers. But if Krystal succeeds in finding out the truth about Ricky's death, will she lose him for good?

SIDE NOTES: What really caught my eye with this book is the cover. I thought it was very nice. I had to read the description of the book. Then I wanted to read it. I usually buy books because I know I want to read them but if the cover had not caught my eye I do not know if I would have seen the summary of the book .

***********************************************************************************

 TITLE: Married with Zombies
AUTHOR: Jesse Petersen
PUBLICATION DATE: September 1st 2010


SUMMARY: Meet Sarah and David.

Once upon a time they met and fell in love. But now they're on the verge of divorce and going to couples' counseling. On a routine trip to their counselor, they notice a few odd things - the lack of cars on the highway, the missing security guard, and the fact that their counselor, Dr. Kelly, is ripping out her previous client's throat.

Meet the Zombies.

Now, Sarah and David are fighting for survival in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. But, just because there are zombies, doesn't mean your other problems go away. If the zombies don't eat their brains, they might just kill each other


SIDE NOTE: Okay, the title did it for me on this one. I had to get it the title made me laugh. I am hoping it is as fun to read as the title is .

**********************************************************************************

TITLE: The Duff (Designated Ugly Fat Friend)
AUTHOR Kody Keplinger
PUBLICATION DATE: Sept 7th 2010


SUMMARY: Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn’t think she’s the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She’s also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her “the Duff,” she throws her Coke in his face.

But things aren’t so great at home right now, and Bianca is desperate for a distraction. She ends up kissing Wesley. Worse, she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with him.

Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out Wesley isn’t such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she’s falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone.
Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn’t think she’s the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She’s also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her “the Duff,” she throws her Coke in his face.

But things aren’t so great at home right now, and Bianca is desperate for a distraction. She ends up kissing Wesley. Worse, she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with him. Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out Wesley isn’t such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she’s falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone.

SIDE NOTE: Heard great reviews for this book and it was not to much on Kindle so why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment