Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Review: Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters



Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters
Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters
Suzanne Weyn
Scholastic Press
 
 
Giselle and Ingrid are the twin daughters of Doctor Victor Frankenstein, but they are very different people, and when they inherit his castle in the Orkney Islands, Giselle dreams of holding parties and inviting society -- but Ingrid is fascinated by her father's forbidden experiments.
 
 
 
My Review :   Really liked this book. I enjoyed the twins and the extreme differences between them, and because the book is told thought both girls eyes you get a unique view the same time frame. As the story progresses we view Ingrid's research and fascination with her fathers works. The story then changes tone and it becomes darker and creepier. I was amazed at how fast I read this book. The suspense keep me reading. I wanted more.
     I also loved the way the author stays true to the original story and time frame it was a nice touch. I will be reading more from this author and look forward to more from her.
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment