Saturday, January 11, 2014

Review : Rot & Ruin

 
 
 
 
9944814
 
Rot & Ruin
Jonathan Maberry
Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
 
 
In the zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic America where Benny Imura lives, every teenager must find a job by the time they turn fifteen or get their rations cut in half. Benny doesn't want to apprentice as a zombie hunter with his boring older brother Tom, but he has no choice. He expects a tedious job whacking zoms for cash, but what he gets is a vocation that will teach him what it means to be human.
 
 
 
My Review:  I really, really enjoyed this book. I held off reading it for a while because of all the zombie books that have been coming out. Like vampires I think zombies were starting to get overdone. So this book sat on my shelf for a while, now I want the whole series. I thought it was great. Benny is your average teen who is unmotivated to work but has too get a job because of rules now set up by society. His lack of enthusiasm for work and not wanting to work hard reminds me of before I worked when all I wanted to do is read. Benny soon realizes he will have to work for his older and despised brother Tom ( the great zombie hunter). The relationship between these two I found very intriguing and realistic. Benny blames Tom for the death of their parents and resents him to no end, but as they get to know each other Benny learns the truth of what happened years ago. This was a touching coming of age story oh yeah and there are zombies too. Action packed page turning and kick ass this is a perfect book for anyone looking fro a great read with heart and zombies. I can't wait to see where the series heads next.
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment