Saturday, February 8, 2014

Review: Dead (A Lot)




18287570
Dead ( A Lot)
Howard Odentz
Bell Bridge Books
 
Last Friday night, the world changed-and not for the better.
Zombies are among us. School's out for the foreseeable future, and with Mom and Dad at the lake house, my twin and I are on our own in this mess. Which is fine as long as we can avoid being on the menu.
Tripp Light's teenage world is suddenly filled with "poxers"-the infected ones, the ones that have the Necropoxy virus. In an entire world gone mad and bad, Tripp's only hope of survival is to clear a path through zombie land with his sister and head for the hills (aka his aunt's farm) to rendezvous with his parents.
Success clearly favors the fittest and the fastest. Survival demands the twins make hard, ruthless decisions, but that all changes when Tripp and his twin hear a distress call via the radio. Prianka Patel, a girl Tripp loves to hate, is trapped and surrounded in a bakery. Soon, the twins have quite a collection of misfits and survivors and miles to go before anyone can sleep safely again.
No matter where Tripp looks, everyone everywhere is dead.
Like really dead... a lot.
 
 
My Review :
I would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for my copy of this book for my honest review.
 
 I thought this was going to be a typical zombie story because they are popping up everywhere now. I was surprised to see this was a story more so about family and the courage of two young people who are faced with unbelievable odds stacked against them. The courage and strength they display when their world comes tumbling down is a wonderful story. I really enjoyed this heart warming story about twins Tripp and Trina and how they come together in the hour of need. The secondary characters  I also liked because they show the diversity of humanity and how we can expect great things from everyone around us. Even the people we least expect it from. I am recommending this book to some friends that I think will truly enjoy the range of characters and the power of family ( related or not) .
 
 
                                            
 


No comments:

Post a Comment