Friday, January 25, 2013

Review: Lord Of The Flies




Lord of the Flies
 
Lord Of The Flies
William Golding
A Perigee Book
Pub Date 1954
 
 
My Review:   I have decided not to put a summary of this book because I know almost everyone has heard of it or read it for school. I had not, so when my son wanted to read it I agreed. This book was great. I got chills that still have not gone away. This book was compelling and horrifying all at the same time. I think the thing that frightened me the most is that with out a civilization these seemingly harmless school boys turned so quickly into savages. I was mortified when they turned on their own and murdered another boy. I wanted to throw the book down and lock my children in their rooms for life, but I could not put the book down. Great books have that effect on me. I can not just walk away. This is going to be a book I re-read over and over again. Each time I am sure I will feel the same way and be in shock and awe  for years to come.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment