Sunday, December 16, 2012

Review: No Ordinary Excuse





No Ordinary Excuse
Michelle Adams
Odyssey Books
Published February 11th 2012
 
 
NetGalley gave me this book on request.
 
 
 
Meet twelve year old Gemma Martin. She wants to be an actress, but school is getting in the way. Gemma has used all of the usual excuses to avoid her homework, but this time she’s facing serious consequences and must rely on her vivid imagination to create the most extraordinary homework excuse ever. Initially, Gemma’s stolen project story skyrockets her popularity, but it isn’t long before things start to spiral out of control and Gemma is headed for disaster. No Ordinary Excuse is the story of how our biggest mistakes are often our greatest teachers.
 
 
My Review: I thought this book was so cute and perfectly written. I really enjoyed this book and I am buying it for my daughter to read. I would recommend this for any one who has a daughter. I liked Gemma because even all these year later I could relate to her. She was the typical twelve year old who forget homework assignments, but her imagination takes control and then she has to cover to keep the lie alive. I also loved the characters of Kel and Callum , Gemma's best friends and even Brittany. When I think back to my school days  I can remember "MY Brittany".  I also like the lessons learned in this book and how the adults in the book did not fade into the background but played a major role in Gemma's growth and understanding .  
 
 
 
4.75


2 comments:

  1. Nice review! This isn't my normal type of read but I may just have to check this one out :)
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Book Cupid.

    Just found you through Book Blogger. Great site. I'm now following you :)

    ReplyDelete