Monday, November 18, 2013

Review : Whispers


 
 
 
Whispers
Lisa Jackson
Zebra
 
The suspenseful story of a woman with shocking secrets who is drawn into a journalist's web...and an obsession that could destroy her. In the chill of an Oregon Night, a man plunges to his death. Another vanishes without a trace. A third drowns in the murky waters of a quiet lake. Alone in the dark, a ruthless killer is certain that every loose end has been cut, every enemy silenced...except one. It's been sixteen years since Claire St. John fled in terror from her family's home on Lake Arrowhead. Sixteen years since her fiancé's tragic death and the shocking secret she promised never to reveal to anyone. But that was before journalist Kate Moran began probing the mystery of that horrible night, turning a light on the darkest corners of Claire's life, exposing her once again to a cold-blooded murderer's vicious fury. Now, as Claire returns home to face a past she's tried to forget, another body is unearthed, revealing the twisted nature of a killer who is ready at last to make Claire pay the ultimate price.
 
 
 
My Review: In the past I have always enjoyed Lisa Jackson novels. I started to really enjoy this novel and it was a compelling mystery I was drawn in. The characters were well developed and you get history that gives the story teeth to sink into you thoughts. I did try to figure the crime even when I was not able to read on. The plot twist and relationships are great. I had one problem with this book. The way the author repeats the plot at the last chapters of this book. Every other line seemed too dwell on the main plot. I could not get over that and it drove me nuts. I wanted to scream that I remembered what was going on. I almost put the book down and walked away, but because it was a compelling story I finished the book and I was glad I did.
 
     

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment