Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Review: Unwind



764347
Unwind
Neal Shusterman
Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
 
 
 
 
The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive.
 
 
My Review:  This book was amazing. I was brought into a world that boggled my mind. I have to read the rest of the series. This book blew me away with such an unusual concept, and the way it was handled was spectacular. My son and I talked about this book for over an hour. I can not express how much I really enjoyed this book. The adventure the main characters went on was eye opening and interesting. As we read we bond with each of them for different reasons. I loved how all three of the kids in the book grow and become their own person, but their stories still intertwine together to show us this unique world that Neal Shusterman has created. A world I would never want to live in but I did enjoy visiting. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment