Saturday, June 21, 2014

Review: Five: Out of the Darkness


18306322
Five: Out of the Dark
Holli Anderson
Curiosity Quills
 
 
From Goodreads: Five teenagers who’ve recently discovered they have magical powers and are living in the Seattle underground feel it’s their responsibility to protect unsuspecting humans from otherworldly foes. Things are going well until Johnathan, their unofficial leader and the boy sixteen year old Paige is in love with, is bitten by a changeling – the venomous saliva causing him to metamorphose into a ravening beast with each full moon. Paige vows that, no matter the cost, she will find a way to cure Johnathan of the evil that has embedded itself in his soul.
Johnathan’s monthly transformation and daily personality roller coaster isn’t the only problem they have to deal with. The Five are also gearing up to face their toughest and most dangerous enemy yet—a powerful and ruthless Warlock who will go to any means, including high school, to build his Dark Army.




My Review:  This book was given to me from the publisher and Netgalley for my honest review.

          Okay so another book about teens with supernatural powers seem to be every where now, I chose this one for the cover and I am glad I did.  This book was so good for several reasons. I loved the way this book does not just use one type of supernatural creature but several different creatures. I also enjoyed the twist on the werewolf story and how the author makes him a sympathetic character.

   Fast paced and action packed this book has it all. I liked everything about it. All five teens were realistic and well written. Each with a unique personality and engaging. You cared for all of them. Holli Anderson creates a world and characters I want to continue to read about and learn more about. I will continue with this series and I look forward to the next book.


 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment