Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Review : Reign or Shine (Demon Princess #1)



6376771

Reign or Shine (Demon Princess # 1)
Michelle Rowen
Walker Childrens
 
 
 
From Goodreads : Nikki Donovan has enough trouble fitting in at her new school without the weird guy who keeps following her around. And when he approaches her, claiming to be sent by her long-lost father, Nikki finds out the truth: the father she never knew is the demon king of the Shadowlands - the realm between our world and the Underworld - and now that he's dying, she is his sole heir to the throne. Maybe it's because she's in shock, or maybe it's because the messenger, Michael, is actually kind of cute, but Nikki follows him into the Shadowlands. There, she learns about her half-demon powers, about the potential war between the Shadowlands and the Underworld, and that her father wants her to assume the throne - forever. Not to mention that her growing crush on Michael is completely forbidden - he's a Shadow creature and destined to be her slave. What's a teenage demon princess to do?
 
 
 
My Review:  I had forgotten I had this book. If you saw what a mess my bookcase is you would understand. I found this because I was looking at all the book I have to read and reached in back ( yes my bookcase is triple stacked all shelves) and pulled this out. I thought I would give it a read. I am glad I did. I know what your thinking another demon book , but I really enjoyed it.
 
    Nikki was a likeable and believable character she was not your typical damsel in distress that needed every ones help she is a smart girl who is funny and thinks before she acts (Most of the time)
it was nice to see someone I could relate to and my daughter can relate too in a book. The plot was pretty easy to figure out but it was still good and the writing made the story flow well and keep me reading.
    Michael was an interesting character and his story developed nicely. The story I was interested in was the relationship between father and daughter. Now that was interesting to see unfold. I was touched by Nikki's reaction to her father and her instant love for him. I know after being abandoned before I was born I would have been mad, but as I tell my step -children he is the only one you get. I felt Nikki's pain and her need to help him and the internal conflict that rose in her, but that is what makes this such a compelling and endearing story.  Wow I had the feels after reading this and wished I could have called my father.
 
 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment