Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Review : The Tyrant's Daughter


 
 
17910573 
The Tyrant's Daughter
J.C Carleson
 Knopf Books for Young Readers



From Goodreads:When her father is killed in a coup, 15-year-old Laila flees from the war-torn middle east to a life of exile and anonymity in the U.S. Gradually she adjusts to a new school, new friends, and a new culture, but while Laila sees opportunity in her new life, her mother is focused on the past. She’s conspiring with CIA operatives and rebel factions to regain the throne their family lost. Laila can’t bear to stand still as an international crisis takes shape around her, but how can one girl stop a conflict that spans generations?
 
My Review: I received this book from Netgalley and the publisher for an honest review.

     I was quite surprised that I liked this book as much as I did. I think the author did a wonderful job with the story, Laila struggle to adapt to American Culture while still trying to true to herself and her belief was interesting and I could understand her conflict. I would have like to see more about her coming to terms with who she knew as her father and how the world saw him, but  readers will understand how different her father was. Laila is a wonderful character who is strong, intelligent and interesting girl, a great quick and thought provoking read.
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment