Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Review: Backwards



19469060
Backwards
Todd Mitchell
Candlewick
 
 
At the moment Dan’s life ends, the Rider’s begins. Unwillingly tied to Dan, the Rider finds himself moving backwards in time, each day revealing more of the series of events that led to Dan’s suicide.
As the Rider struggles to figure out what he’s meant to do, he revels in the life Dan ignores. Beyond the simple pleasures of a hot shower and the sun on his face, the Rider also notices the people around Dan: his little sister, always disappointed by her big brother’s rejection, his overwhelmed mom, and Cat — with her purple hair, artistic talent, and misfit beauty. But Cat doesn’t want anything to do with Dan. While the days move in reverse and Halloween looms, it's up to the Rider to find out why Cat is so angry, and what he must do to make things right.
 
 
My review: I liked this book. The way it begins was strange to me but once I realized it was Dan's life in reverse I got the concept. I like how we learn about Dan and what has happened to make him feel that suicide is the answer. At first I did not like Dan . Moody and disengaged from his family but after the Rider decided to change Dan you get the sense that there is more there than meets the eye.
The Rider is a different perspective that has a broader view of Dan's life so we see how everything comes together . I am going to look for more books by this author because his writing style is creative and interesting.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment