Monday, November 21, 2011

Library Monday

It is Monday again, and yes I went to the library for kids books. I found 2 for the kids.


Title:Uglies
Author: Scott Westerfeld

Summary: Tally is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait. Not for her license-- fot turning pretty. In Tally's world, your sixteenth birthday brings an operation that turns you from a repellent ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a few weeks Tally will be there.
   But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be pretty. She'd rather risk life on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole newside of the pretty world -- and it isn't very pretty. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in , or never turn pretty at all. The choice Tally makes changes her world forever.


Why I chose this:  I have read the back and it looks like a good story. No romance to make my son uncomfortable when we discuss it. I also wanted to show him other options besides Vampires

Am I looking forward to reading this:  Yes, the story looks good and what girl does not hope to be beautiful.


.............................................................................................................................

Title : The Name of This Book is Secret.        Author: Pseudonymous Bosch                 Summary : If this were a normal cover for a normal book, I would tell you that this book is fantastic! Gripping! (According to their covers, all books are fantastic and gripping.) You'd meet the brave young heroes, Cass and Max-Eanest. And you'd hear about how a mysterious box of vials, The Symphony of Smells, sends them on the trail of a magician who has vanished under strange (and stinky) circumstances. If this were a normal book, I would brag about the hair - raising adventures that follow - About the brain - twisting riddles Cass and Max-Ernest solve and the nefarious villains they face. But, sadly , I can't tell you about any of those things: They might make you want to read this book.
     You see, not only is the name of this book a secret, the story is, too. For it concerns a secret - A big secret- that has been tormenting people like you for over...Oh NO! Did I just mention the secret ? Then it's too late.
    I'm Afraid nothing will stop you now. Open the book if you must. But, please, tell no one.


Why I chose this: I wanted to introduce my daughter to all types of books. Mysteries, fantasy. To give her more choices.


Am I looking forward to reading this: Yes, I thought to title was different and now that I have read the summary I am sure I will like it.

............................................................................................................................

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm a new follower and look forward to your future posts ^.^

    You can check out my blog if you'd like: thelittlebluepig.blogspot.com

    -Angela@ The Little Blue Pig

    ReplyDelete