Monday, February 11, 2013

Review : Dying to Know You





                                               Dying to Know You
Dying to Know You
Adian Chambers
Amulet Books
 
 
 
Karl, aged seventeen, is hopelessly in love. But the object of his affections, Fiorella, demands proof, and poses him a series of questions regarding his attitude to the many sides of love. But Karl is dyslexic, and convinced that if Fiorella finds out, she will think he is stupid, and unworthy of her, and leave him.

So Karl asks a local writer to help him construct his replies - and an unlikely, but extremely touching, friendship develops between the two men. They both come to learn a great deal about about life from a very different perspective, and when an act of violence shatters their calm, they find their respective appraisal of life shifting in profound ways.
 
 
 
My Review: This was such an emotional book. I thoroughly enjoyed each page. The narrator is a 75 year old man. The bond he develops with 18 year old Karl is so touching and a compelling read. I had a hard time putting this book down and did not want it to end. This book has it all a touching story and characters who give you a lot to ponder. The journey these two people experience together is amazing dealing with loss and love they both grow as people. I have never read a book that has touched me so deeply and stirred so many emotions in me . I would give this book to anybody to read young or old . I am letting my son read it now and can't wait till we discuss it together .
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment