Monday, March 4, 2013

Review : The Right to Sing the Blues




The Right To Sing The Blues (Alo Nudger, #3)
The Right To Sing The Blues
John Lutz
Pub 2001
 
Goodread's Description:   New Orleans is off Alo Nudger's beaten path; the St. Louis private detective likes the comforts of home. But he also loves jazz, and when he's given a round-trip ticket to the Crescent City by legendary clarinetist Fat Jack McGee, who needs to talk to him, Nudger is willing to take a flyer. Fat Jack has a problem, maybe two: A singer named Ineida, whose father is a very important man in New Orleans, and a pianist named Hollister. Hollister plays the blues just fine, but there's something about him that disturbs Fat Jack. In fact, now that Hollister and the girl are an item, Fat Jack's scared. It doesn't take long before Nudger is, too....
 
 
My Review:  I have to say this has been sitting on my shelf for years. I got it when it was first published in 1986. This book may be out of print.
 
  I really liked this book. It is a mystery that had me captured in the first few pages. I am a fan of Mr. Lutz writing and have read many of his hard boiled detective stories. I found this book at a sale and picked it up. I was a little naive to think it would be like his other books I have read but, delighted to find it more of a PI mystery than his other books. So the story was good and the plot was interesting, but not as violent  I still thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it to my friends who like mysteries. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment