Friday, December 13, 2013

Review: Sugar Skull



1178404

Sugar Skull
Denise Hamilton
Pocket Star
 
Tenacious heroine, Eve Diamond, in an electrifying new novel of suspense. When a distraught father breaks past security to beg for her help, "Los Angeles Times" reporter Eve Diamond can't refuse. His daughter, caught up in the rough "squatter" lifestyle, is missing -- and Eve, sensing a scoop, wants to know why a privileged teen from Pasadena would hook up with the dregs of Hollywood. When the girl is found dead, Eve suspects there is more going on than the tragic death of a rebellious youth.

The search for answers will take Eve from the street world of drugs and sex to the upper echelon of L.A. society -- who don't appreciate her digging up their dirt. Even as Eve fights against the powers-that-be who want her off the story, she finds herself mixing business and pleasure when she's irresistibly drawn to the brooding son of a Mexican music titan. For it is in his world -- and in the intricate sugar skulls that mark the Mexican "Day of the Dead" -- that Eve may find the key to unmasking a killer
 
 
 
My Review:  When I finished the first book in this series "The Jasmine Trade" I was blown away. So I dug this out off my shelf. I do not know how long I have owned it for but I was gun-ho to read it. I thought it was good and well written, but it did not blow me away. I did like it and the story was intriguing but I guess the newness of the author was gone ( if that makes sense). I also found some similarities between the two books. I will continue the series and see what happens.
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment