Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Review : Witch and Wizard




7821931
Witch & Wizard
James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet
 Little Brown and Company
 
 
 
Everything is about to change. The government has seized control of every aspect of society, and this is the astonishing testimonial of Wisty and Whit Allgood, a sister and brother who were torn from their family in the middle of the night, slammed into prison, and accused of being a witch and a wizard. Thousands of young people have been kidnapped; some have been accused; many others remain missing. Their fate is unknown, and the worst is feared--for the ruling regime will stop at nothing to suppress life and liberty, music and books, art and magic . . . and the pursuit of being a normal teenager.
 
 
 
My Review: I have read several adult books by James Patterson, but this is the first YA book of his I have read. Also the first book I have read of his with a co-writer. This did not disappoint. I expected it to be a fast paced action packed adventure, and that is what I got. We are thrown into this world just as it is all falling apart for  Wisty and Whit Allgood, and the journey they go on is entertaining and creative. I really enjoyed this first book, but I was kind of let down because of this fact too. The characters do not seem as well developed as they could have been. The lack of a backstory just seem to make the story fall a little flat. I am hoping the next book  develops Wisty and Whit better and leads me to root for their survival in a world turned upside down. Right now I really don't have any emotion for them. I am will to give this story one more book to see if it can be turned around.
 
 
   


No comments:

Post a Comment