Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Review : I Am Not a Serial Killer




7617119
I Am Not A Serial Killer
Dan Wells
Tor Books
From Goodreads: John Wayne Cleaver is dangerous, and he knows it. He’s spent his life doing his best not to live up to his potential. He’s obsessed with serial killers, but really doesn’t want to become one. So for his own sake, and the safety of those around him, he lives by rigid rules he’s written for himself, practicing normal life as if it were a private religion that could save him from damnation. Dead bodies are normal to John. He likes them, actually. They don’t demand or expect the empathy he’s unable to offer. Perhaps that’s what gives him the objectivity to recognize that there’s something different about the body the police have just found behind the Wash-n-Dry Laundromat---and to appreciate what that difference means. Now, for the first time, John has to confront a danger outside himself, a threat he can’t control, a menace to everything and everyone he would love, if only he could.


My Review: Okay from the title I was really looking forward to reading this book. I must admit I bought this book for the title and did not even read the synopsis. So I started reading with just the title in mind. I was looking forward to a dark and twisted tale about a boy's struggle to overcome his inner demons.  I got that and so much more I was not prepared for the paranormal aspects of this book,  but I loved it.  Dan Wells wrote such an engrossing book that you have to keep reading till the end. I was not dissatisfied that this story took me too a different direction than I thought it was going to take. I am happy I went for the ride.





No comments:

Post a Comment