Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Want Wednesday

That time of week again. Wednesday mid week and the last week of the Children book month. I am glad to be reading adult books next month. Almost all set with the books. Since I have over 400 books to pick four from. Okay, here are the last Want books for this week.


TITLE:  See You at Harry's
AUTHOR: Jo Knowles

SUMMARY: Twelve-year-old Fern feels invisible. It seems as though everyone in her family has better things to do than pay attention to her: Mom (when she's not meditating) helps Dad run the family restaurant; Sarah is taking a gap year after high school; and Holden pretends that Mom and Dad and everyone else doesn't know he's gay, even as he fends off bullies at school. Then there's Charlie: three years old, a "surprise" baby, the center of everyone's world. He's devoted to Fern, but he's annoying, too, always getting his way, always dirty, always commanding attention. If it wasn't for Ran, Fern's calm and positive best friend, there'd be nowhere to turn. Ran's mantra, "All will be well," is soothing in a way that nothing else seems to be. And when Ran says it, Fern can almost believe it's true. But then tragedy strikes- and Fern feels not only more alone than ever, but also responsible for the accident that has wrenched her family apart. All will not be well. Or at least all will never be the same.

RELEASE DATE: May 8th

SIDE NOTES: I wanted to read more dramatic books with my daughter. I am her step mother but I want to start opening the communication lines with her so she feels like she can talk to me about anything. My kids biological mother is very neglectful and I want my kids to feel like they can talk to me about it. I think reading books with more of a family dynamic will help.

***********************************************************************************



TITLE : The Paradise Trap
AUTHOR: Catherine Jinks

SUMMARY : A  boy . . . a witch . . . and a totally sinister paradise: that’s what Marcus gets when his mom rents a scuzzy trailer and parks it near a dirty, noisy beach. Some vacation! Marcus would rather play video games anyway, but when he discovers a staircase underneath the trailer, it looks as if he may be in for some kind of multilevel, multiplayer experience controlled by a complete nightmare of a witch. It’s just like a game—except it’s all too real.


RELEASE DATE: April 24th


SIDE NOTES : This looks like a fun book and I have read the reviews and they have been good so we will try this.

No comments:

Post a Comment