Monday, June 2, 2014

Review: The Catastrophic History Of You and Me



 
 
11387392
The Catastrophic History of You and Me
Jess Rothenberg
 Penguin Young Readers Group
 
 
 From Goodreads: Dying of a broken heart is just the beginning.... Welcome to forever.

BRIE'S LIFE ENDS AT SIXTEEN: Her boyfriend tells her he doesn't love her, and the news breaks her heart—literally.

But now that she's D&G (dead and gone), Brie is about to discover that love is way more complicated than she ever imagined. Back in Half Moon Bay, her family has begun to unravel. Her best friend has been keeping a secret about Jacob, the boy she loved and lost—and the truth behind his shattering betrayal. And then there's Patrick, Brie's mysterious new guide and resident Lost Soul . . . who just might hold the key to her forever after.

With Patrick's help, Brie will have to pass through the five stages of grief before she's ready to move on. But how do you begin again, when your heart is still in pieces?
 
 
 
My Review: This was a sweet, heartwarming and amazing story. I was touched by the sweet story and moved to tears at some parts of this wonderful story of Brie's journey in the after life and her desperate attempts to go home to the life she left behind. I must admit I was not sure what this book was about when I bought it (Yes I just loved the cover) but as I started reading it I loved it. The concept of a teen dying of a broken heart seemed a little over dramatic too me at first but as I read I was pulled into a story and a world that was written so well I lost myself in the story and was compelled to continue reading.
   Jess Rothenberg's writing transported me to an after life that was fun and interesting to learn about. I really enjoyed the idea that you could check on the people we leave behind, although Brie soon learns the downfalls of doing that. Brie is young and the first thing she wants is revenge on the person who she blames for killing her, but as the story progresses she matures and find the real reasons behind what happened in her life. I liked that even after her death she sill grows as a person.
 
  This book is for all contemporary lovers even though there are some paranormal elements but that does not get in the way of this emotional and heartfelt love story .
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment