Thursday, May 22, 2014

Review: Poor Little Dead Girls



17887925
Poor Little Dead Girls
Lizzie Friend
Merit Press
 
 
From Goodreads : Perfect people aren't just born. They're made.

The first time she is blindfolded and kidnapped, star-athlete and posh boarding school newbie Sadie is terrified. She wakes up in a dark room surrounded by hushed whispers, hooded strangers, and a mysterious voice whispering not-so-sweet nothings in her ear.

But once the robes come off, she realizes it’s just an elaborate prank designed to induct her into the group that’s been pulling the strings at Keating Hall for generations. The circle has it all--incredible connections; fabulous parties; and, of course, an in with the brother society’s gorgeous pledges.

The instant popularity is enough to make Sadie forget about the unexplained marks on her body, the creepy ceremonial rituals, and the incident that befell one of her teammates the year before. So the next time Sadie is kidnapped, she isn’t scared, but she should be. The worst of Keating Hall is yet to come.
 
 
 
My Review:    I was given this book by Netgalley for my honest opinion.
 
       I did enjoy this book. I found the plot different than anything I have read recently ,besides I needed a change from all the contemporary I have been reading lately. This book reminded me what I have been missing. A story about a boarding school and an elite secret society was interesting and fast paced. With lots of intrigue and mystery.
      That being said I did not feel it was enough. There were points that I did not want to put the book down but after they were over it did not pick up for a while again. I guess what I am saying I wanted this to be a book that I refused to put down. This was not that book. It was a cute read and I like it but  I did have some problems with it. I liked Sadie (the main character) I found her true to age worried about things a girl should. I thought that other characters were well written and I got a good feel for them but I would have liked to see more development in some of them. (The twins ).
 
       I believe this is the authors first work. I will look for her again to see how she develops as a writer.
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment