Friday, September 6, 2013

Review : The Cutting Room Floor







17393014
 
The Cutting Room Floor
Dawn Klehr
Flux Publishing
 
 
 
Behind-the-scenes secrets could turn deadly for Desmond and Riley

Life in the Heights has never been easy for seventeen-year-old Riley Frost, but when she's publicly dumped and outed at the same time, she becomes an immediate social outcast at her high school. So Riley swears off romance and throws herself into solving the shocking murder of her favorite teacher, Ms. Dunn.

Riley turns to her best friend, budding filmmaker Desmond Brandt, for help. What she doesn't know is that Dez has been secretly directing her life, blackmailing her friends, and hoping his manipulations will make her love him. When his schemes go too far, Dez's web of lies threatens to destroy both of their lives.
 
 
 
My Review: This book was great. I loved the writing style of this book how the scenes were written by a film director. I think it gave you a better feeling for the surrounding. I also liked the characters. Riley finds herself confused and unsure of what she wants, that is what you should feel when your seventeen. I could feel her pain and understand where she was coming from. Desmond (Dez), welllll ok I liked him in the beginning and I thought Riley was crazy at first for not seeing him as a boyfriend. I remember having crushes, as I read on I was shocked and surprised at how far he took it and I felt sorry for him.
  The mystery in the book was well thought out as Riley tries to discover what happened to Ms. Dunn she came up with some good theories. I suspected everyone. I thought I did it at one point. I was surprised by the ending and I was pleased with what happened to the characters. I want to read more from this author, and I look forward to her next book.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment