Monday, October 7, 2013

Review : The Iron King


 


 
 
 
6644117

The Iron King
Julie Kagawa
Harlequin Teen
 
 
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil, no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.
 
 
My Review: If like me you have waited for all the hype of books to die down before you read a book. Then let me tell you to run out and buy this book. I was enchanted by this book. I could not figure out why I waited so long to get around to reading it. I could not and did not tear myself away from this book for days. I was getting less sleep and thinking about the book more. This is the first book I have read from Julie Kagawa but not my last. Loved this book and looking  forward to reading the rest of the series.
 
 
    The world building is descriptive and dazzling. I was transported into a world I did not want to leave.  I also like how the author used characters from Shakespeare' s works. My daughter has never read " A Midsummer Nights' Dream " This book has her interested in that now. I could not put this book down and as soon as I am able I will be buying the second in this interesting and wonderful series. I am on a book buying ban right now trying to clean old books out for the new books I want.


                                     
  

No comments:

Post a Comment