Monday, October 7, 2013

Review : Zoey Rogue











17877226
Zoey Rogue
Lizzy Ford ( Incubatti # 1)
Evatopia Press
 
 
He only needs three nights to make her his …

With more heart than sense, fearless, beautiful Zoey has saved countless college-aged women from horrifying deaths at the hands of supernatural sadists. She may be a mere half-succubus in a society that views half-breeds with derision, but she still retains the highest rescue rate of any Hunter in the Sucubatti society.

As the calm, disciplined leader of the Incubatti Enforcers, Declan is the polar opposite of Zoey – and the sworn enemy of her society. Forced to rescue her one night, Declan realizes two things: he doesn’t need someone as wild and independent as Zoey in his life – and he can’t live without her.

In this world, there’s only one incubus for every Sucubatti and Zoey and Declan are stuck with each other. They’re just as likely to kill each other as they are to yield to each other’s sex magic.

She has authority issues and drinks too much. He is the irresistibly sexy incubus pre-ordained to tame her. Neither can fight their intense attraction, and yet trusting each other is out of the question.

What happens when their worlds crash down around them?

Strike three. You’re mine.
 
 
My Review: I really enjoyed this book. Fast paced and action filled. This book keeps the reader entertained and in the story. Zoey is a strong and self reliant hero who only wants to have a normal life. That is quite hard when you are a Halfling ( succubus and human) created in a lab to do one thing fight and kill  Cambions ( Incubus and human mothers ).  Who threatens young women.
  
   When Zoey's "normal" life falls apart and she feels like giving up, she meets her Soul-Mate but there is one problem. He is an Incubus, her sworn enemy. How can that be. Being pulled into two different direction one by loyalty and one by an attraction she can't explain she must decide who too trust. 

 That is the part I really liked. The part I was torn over was the sex in the book. This is my first New Adult book I have read and I don't know if it is because I am a mother but I would not give this to my daughter to read at age thirty let alone seventeen.  Then I thought back to when I was seventeen and I would have wanted to read this book. I think this is a great read for mature 17 year olds and older.

                                                
  

No comments:

Post a Comment