Monday, October 14, 2013

Review: Pretty Dark Nothing

 


 
 
15768498
Pretty Dark Nothing
Heather L. Reid
Month9Books
 
 
 
It’s been twenty three days since Quinn has slept for more than minutes at a time. Demons have invaded her dreams, stalking her, and whispering of her death. The lack of sleep and crippling fear are ruining her life. Energy drinks and caffeine pills don’t make a dent. When Quinn dozes off in the school hallway, Aaron, an amnesiac with a psychic ability, accidentally enters her nightmare. The demons are determined to keep them apart, and Aaron from discovering the secret locked away in his memory. Together, they could banish the darkness back to the underworld for good. That is, unless the demons kill them first.


My Review: I was looking for a great Halloween read and I found it. The fact that I read this in one night tells you I could not put this book down. If your looking for a intense and nightmarish story this is it. I loved it. The darkness of this story keep me on the edge of my seat.
 Quinn the main characters life falls apart. Father leaves his family, boyfriend dumps her, then the nightmares begin. Not being able to sleep without plunging into a dream filled with demonic creatures that she can not keep at bay. Using any method she can to stay awake works for a while till she collapse at school. A fellow student name Aaron helps her.

    The relationship between Quinn and Aaron is stormy and can be frustrating at times but as you read on you understand why. I found this book a delightful read if your looking for something to scare you a little with enough twists and turns to keep you reading this is a great book.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment