Monday, September 10, 2012

Mailbox Monday


As you can see I have been working on the blog all weekend and I have done away with the pages for my kids. Don't worry we are still reading the book together but I am using both of our input for the reviews. I have been on a book buying ban and not doing so good, but I am buying more books for my Kindle so I am still clearing my shelves but my Kindle is getting filled up.



Partials
Dan Wells
Balzer + Bray
Harper Collins
 
Goodreads Description : The human race is all but extinct after a war with Partials--engineered organic beings identical to humans--has decimated the population. Reduced to only tens of thousands by RM, a weaponized virus to which only a fraction of humanity is immune, the survivors in North America have huddled together on Long Island while the Partials have mysteriously retreated. The threat of the Partials is still imminent, but, worse, no baby has been born immune to RM in more than a decade. Our time is running out.

Kira, a sixteen-year-old medic-in-training, is on the front lines of this battle, seeing RM ravage the community while mandatory pregnancy laws have pushed what's left of humanity to the brink of civil war, and she's not content to stand by and watch. But as she makes a desperate decision to save the last of her race, she will find that the survival of humans and Partials alike rests in her attempts to uncover the connections between them--connections that humanity has forgotten, or perhaps never even knew were there.
 
Reason for this book:  The description got my interest and I also have a few of his other books. I am thinking of taking a month and just reading his books to clear up some space on my book shelf.

 






Masque of the Red Death
Bethany Griffin
Greenwillow Books
Harper Collins
 
Goodrads Description: Everything is in ruins.

A devastating plague has decimated the population, and those who are left live in fear of catching it as the city crumbles around them.

So what does Araby Worth have to live for?

Nights in the Debauchery Club, beautiful dresses, glittery makeup . . . and tantalizing ways to forget it all.

But in the depths of the club--in the depths of her own despair--Araby will find more than oblivion. She will find Will, the terribly handsome proprietor of the club, and Elliott, the wickedly smart aristocrat. Neither is what he seems. Both have secrets. Everyone does.

And Araby may find not just something to live for, but something to fight for--no matter what it costs her.



Reason for this book: Description and cover. I was drawn by both these things and the price was right too. On sale $2.99 for kindle copy 



1 comment:

  1. Ooooo Partials! I thought it was an enjoyable read! I haven't read Masque of the Red Death, hope you enjoy the books!!

    Happy Reading!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete