Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review : The Name of This Book is Secret




The Name of This Book is Secret
Pseudonymous Bosch
Little Brown for Young Readers
 
 
Description: Warning: this description has not been authorized by Pseudonymous Bosch. As much as he'd love to sing the praises of his book (he is very vain), he wouldn't want you to hear about his brave 11-year old heroes, Cass and Max-Ernest. Or about how a mysterious box of vials, the Symphony of Smells, sends them on the trail of a magician who has vanished under strange (and stinky) circumstances. And he certainly wouldn't want you to know about the hair-raising adventures that follow and the nefarious villains they face. You see, not only is the name of this book secret, the story inside is, too. For it concerns a secret. A Big Secret.
 
 
Review: This was a good book. I loved the characters in this book and how over the top and funny they were. Cass and Max - Ernest were very unique and entertaining. That is very refreshing in book instead of having cookie cutter people. I could picture them just by how well written the descriptions were.
I also like how original the plot was.That is the reason I picked it up. I like how the author uses the first few pages to just try to make the reader put the book down. I found that reason enough to continue to read. I am glad I did. This is a great action packed and fast paced. Once the action started you are on the edge of your seat waiting for more . I will be reading the rest of the series.






No comments:

Post a Comment